Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Dong Pho, Saigon, District 3

When the local friends recommended Dong Pho of District 3., I didn't presume much. Let us hit the place tonite was my only reaction. Little did I expect the heavenly taste of food. 




My friend ordered some prawn and noodles. I opted for 5 course vegetarian dinner set with a simple belief that I can taste authentic Vietnamese food in one shot.  http://www.dongphorestaurant.com/



Fresh banana bud salad was the first item. It had crisp banana and tasty noodles mixed with some vegetables. Surprise for me was more from fragrance and the ideal quantity of food. 



Second item was assorted steamed dumplings ... they were wrapped under leaves and had different sauce. I have to take advice to find out which dumplings will go better with which sauce !!! 





Third item was Hue Style Pancake... stuffed with lot of vegetables and accompanied by some cucumber... this felt heavy finally. By this time, my friend was convinced that vegetarian spread was much tastier than non veg food. means, my portion was getting stolen !!!! 



Fourth item was vermicelli in sweet sour soup - this tasted like rasam for me or was that due to the coriander leaves floating at top ? 




and finally some dessert... out of the 4 varieties they served, best item was the one which was made from pandan and corn.... tasted out of world.... 




This was the best ever vegetarian food I have tasted outside of my comfort or Indian food options... and I would highly recommend the tourists of Saigon to go and try Dong Pho. It is not very far from the city centre or the opera house. The price of vegetarian dinner was around 400,000 VND or 23.50 SGD

No comments:

Post a Comment