Monday, December 31, 2018

my first snow experience - Buxton, UK

I was brought down in Chennai, Tamil Nadu where the only season is Summer. There is a bit of dew in Dec/Jan ... but it is mainly hot, hotter and hottest days over there !!!

I was looking forward for the heavy winter when I worked at Manchester in 2011/2012.  But I had to take a train to Buxton to feel and enjoy the snow in Feb 2012. 

Snow level was decent and I fell in love with the white cover as soon as I stepped out of rail station. I bought a hot coffee and started exploring by foot.



Best part of the experience for me was the slippery feeling I had when I was walking over the snow & I definitely slipped down once ! But I ended up enjoying the little pain although. 



I also found it difficult to adjust the sun against the white sand / snow... I got some help from my cool shades (sun glass) although. 



Why I remembered to write about this is I live in Singapore now and I don't even need to pack my clothes when I go Bali or Bangkok. I can buy a pair of shorts and T Shirt when I land and manage m travel.  I felt very nostalgic when I saw the winter visuals on TV.



Happy Winter my friends... Have fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment