Saturday, August 25, 2018

Magnificient Moscow

The Russian capital of Moscow can be described in one word... Magnificient.
Why ? It is the sheer size ... be it Red Square, metro stations, victory park or the Moskva river etc etc.

I stayed at Weekend Inn Apartments at Ulitsa Pyatnitskaya ... it had a weird elevator.. but room was good and had a decent common kitchen. What i loved was the proximity to Red Square..... kind of 1 km walk and a starbucks shop on its way !



Out of the all the cathedrals you visit, Saint Basil is very unique... it is some kind of fusion architecture, colorful. It has a character and the best part... it looks same on what you saw on wall posts or videos on new channels...


Red Square has lot of attractions like Lenin's Mausoleum, Kazan cathedral and Kremlin and they are all unique in its own way.


Moscow's metro stations are so huge. It is like some 5 storey escalators... and superb, lavish mosaics, sculputres and stained glass art work. Do not miss visiting these fabulous metro statiosn like Kurskaya, Mayakovskaya, Novoslobodskaya, Komsomolskaya and Revolution square to enjoy the architecture and the attractions.








Victory Park - my first impression was like " oh man.. how I am going to walk and cover this in full on a hot day like this" ???  but then, a bubbling tourist person somehow gets energy after sipping some coke or juice !!! hahaha.. I did that too.





Ran around like a kid and I was lucky to get this picture.... do you love this too ?



There was a Museum too in the Victory Park... we didnt have time to enter and see... it is called Museum of the Great Patriotic war and it has some of the greatest collection from Word War II.



Moscow's food was awesome... be it Old Arbat Street or other fabulous restaurents of town.. food was elaborate and being a vegetarian., I had some choices... I bought lot of soups and mashed potato.. which I missed out after my UK days... I also get a bread variety called Khachapuri and it had lot of cheese !!! My friends enjoyed the meat and chicken... and you end up eating a 3 course mean for 700 Rubles.. or 11 USD...




For me the best part was the Tea pot... very nice quantity and flavoured tea.... can retain heat for some time... I shifted from coffee to Tea just for the sake of flavours and the look and feel of it...



Moscow looks fabulous by night also... we watched the England semi final matches in pub.




We had a good time in Moscow and we never felt threatened... Drivers didnt know English but they were just checking twice while dropping us ... on the place, whether we have taken our belongings etc...

I should thank my friend who took me around on Day 1 of Moscow visit and it gave us great comforting feeling....

Happy travel and Bon Appetite.

No comments:

Post a Comment