Saturday, March 31, 2018

Jersey, Channel Islands

There is a small little island called Jersey known as Channel Islands and it is also known as St. Helier.  It was a normal island which was used for leisure activities till 80s and UK Government polished it and made it as tax haven. Beauty of the town is its fabulous coast and the great sound of ocean waves anywhere you roam.

I am lucky to visit the place in 2012 and I share some of my favourite thoughts about this place.

Jersey city centre is fairly small and located behind Liberty House and the Hotel Pomme D'Or. New Street has some offices and some retail shops; the place is filled with lot of restaurents too. It is always nice to walk from Liberty House to Grand Jersey. Fabulous harbour is located across the road and provides superb view of Elizabeth Castle too.




How can I ever forget the elaborate breakfast ofered at these hotels !! I used to like and stay at a quiet hotel called Norfolk ... just for the fabulous food I get there ! Norfolk used to arrange some live music also during dinner time and I enjoyed the performance of local artists.



Beaches are there at all 8 corners of Jersey... but every beach has got some flavour and some water sports. I loved St. Aubin the most, out of all I have seen there and St. Martin and St. Brelade might follow closely.




It is just food ! There are tour operators of Island like Tantivy and Waverly who does excellent job showcasing the beautiful island !



Jersey is known for their Cow and its related milk production, bewitching Pearl and Oyster farming. Do try out in your tours.




I always liked walking around St Brelade - Corbiere Lighthouse, Mont Orgueil Castle at Gorey harbour - it has different color and feel !





Enjoy your time around war tunnel and Museums; Recently they have added Wine Estate, Tamba Park and Kayak riding !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment