Friday, February 2, 2018

Halong Bay and the stunning limestones

When I was planning to journey to Hanoi and Halong Bay… I had very minimal expectations. I chose based on tourist arrival statistics and the pictures I saw in google.
I have to admit, Hanoi surprised me. The place is so vibrant and Old Quarter is full of life. Food was brilliant. We did lot of shopping also on clothes and shoes.


I did some research using tripadvisor and got links of many operators and the reviews about then. Then, I reached out to Indo China to book and finalise itinerary.
They have shared day wise plans and activities and we need to decide the number of days we were supposed to hire the house boat for. They also picked us from the hotel where we stayed for the journey to Ha Long Bay.
The journey to HaLong Bay from Hanoi was bit tiring considering the ride takes 3 to 3.5 hours and with break. Thankfully, the break spot is chosen so carefully with Tourism in mind and it cheers you a lot due to the painting or sculpture or the simple tea. The bus was comfortable and had sufficient place to carry the luggage safely.


Quickly, we got transported to house boat once we reached. Halong bay is super impressive with varied sizes of limestones and the ferry navigates nicely in between. 




The mountains are grand and caves offer glimpse of nature’s treasure. We are fed with some nice, tasty food and serviced by ever smiling crew.




My unique experience: Self and my family were lucky to have huge rainfall while in the ocean. We really loved the atmosphere during the rain.


Useful Links:
For visa à www.vietnam-visa.com
For tours à www.indochina-junk.com
For Cruises à www.dragonlegendcruise.com

To conclude, I will go again to Halong bay and probably would spend some more time than the first visit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment